Ledger Nano S is a Bitcoin, Ethereum and Altcoins hardware wallet, based on robust safety features for storing cryptographic assets and securing digital payments. It connects to any computer (USB) and embeds a secure OLED display to double-check and confirm each transaction with a single tap on its side buttons.
- Cryptographic secrets protected by a secure chip
- Bitcoin and Ethereum support (Open Source apps)
- Confirmation of transactions on the embedded screen
- Built-in 4 digit PIN security lock
- Built-in onboarding (seed generation and recovery)
- BIP39 seed (12/18/24 words), easy backup and restoration
- Multi-apps support: FIDO U2F, GPG, SSH…
- USB connectivity
- Foldable and compact casing
- Compatible with Ledger Wallet Bitcoin Chrome application and Ledger Wallet Ethereum Chrome application
If you are not familiar with the notion of hardware wallets, you may wonder what the advantages are versus a paper wallet or an encrypted private key on a computer.
The main principle behind hardware wallets is to provide full isolation between the cryptographic secrets (private keys) and your easy to hack computer or smartphone. Vulnerabilities of modern PCs and smartphones are well known, and if you keep your private keys there, it’s just a matter of time before you’ll get hacked and lose everything.
A paper wallet may be secure, but only until you want to use your funds, requiring importing your private keys on your computer. And if you think a password encrypting your keys is enough, a malware is smart enough to wait for the inevitable decryption before sweeping your funds.
Hardware wallets are convenient, affordable, portable and backed up by a paper wallet allowing easy recovery in case of loss. If you have any significant amount of bitcoins, using a hardware wallet should be a no brainer.
If you would like to buy a Nano Ledger S or find out more, please feel free to contact us on 0402 992 599 or firstname.lastname@example.org